Functional Relationships with:
STAR Manager & Heads of Training
To lead innovation in the digital learning space for New Zealand School ofTourism by translating our learning workbooks and resources to Moodie.
Duties and responsibilities:
There are 5 key performance areas for the E-learning Developer. These are:
• All e-learning modules created meet the required standards and deadlines.
• Three different types of digital learning content are implemented within our E-learning
platform to enhance the learner experience.
• The access and enrolment process for Secondary Schools using our STAR products through Moodie is managed effectively.
• All NZST online Distance Learning students are managed effectively.
• Behaviour and team interaction is aligned to all 6 company values.
Within these key performance areas there are a range of duties which include (but are not limited to):
All e-/earning modules created meet the required standards and deadlines:
• Upload and enhance e-learning workbooks & assessments and self-directed learning options for both NZQA Unit Standards and Non Unit standards using Mood;e.
• Evaluate existing teaching materials and convert to digital content in line with best practice methodologies.
• Transform ideas and resources and convert them into engaging and effective interactive
• Liaise with moodle hosting company for improvements on the site such as menu updates,
system roles, permissions etc.
• Make sure security measures are in place to control access.
• Ensure all copyright laws are being met and not breached in the writing of all course
• Develop e-learning for external companies eg Industry partners such as GO Rentals
Three different types of digital learning content are implemented within our e-learning platform to enhance the learner experience:
The access and enrolment process for Secondary Schools using our STAR products is managed effectively:
• Keep abreast of development within the e-learning fields and ensure that software skills are up to date.
• Create online, engaging and interactive resources using a variety of types of e-learning software including graphics, video, audio, webcasts, podcasts, on-line quizzes, games
and other multimedia formats.
• Oversee the running and accessibility of STAR and NZST e-learning courses as they relate to the technical operation and accessibility i.e liaising with our provider to ensure they run smoothly and with the STAR Manager and Quality and Audit Manager to ensure all material uploaded and accessible.
• Support teachers/trainers to use digital technologies effectively eg. Moodie support.
Behaviour and team interaction is aligned to all 6 company values Support the values of the organisation:
,/' Act Positively
,/' Drive Innovation
,/' Pursue Excellence
,/' Have Fun
,/' Demonstrate Integrity
,/' Develop People
Location: Head Office - Hamilton
Salary 62K pa