NZMA is proudly one of New Zealand's leading private training establishments, and we are the hospitality training destination for students in Auckland and Hamilton. We are proud of our reputation for quality, excellence and student success.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to ensure that each student is provided with an exceptional learning experience during their studies at NZMA, and are supported to achieve both their study and career goals.
The role of a Tutor is a rewarding teaching position, combining the provision of quality tutoring that is in line with programme requirements, the establishment and management of an effective learning environment, the development of teaching resources, and the provision of student support where this is required.
Tutors role-model possibility and success to students– and inspire students to strive to be the very best that they can be.
Skills & Experience:
• You are inspired by excellence in the hospitality and business management fields
• You will bring extensive experience in food and beverage management and customer service
• You are passionate about making a real difference in the lives of others, in particular youth who have yet to realise their full potential
• You love and excel at teaching and motivating people in a multicultural environment (You have taught either in the workplace or in an education environment)
• You will have a relevant tertiary qualification at level 5 or above
• You have experience working with youth (ages 16-25)
• You are innovative, inspiring and committed to supporting your learners to achieve exceptional results and realize their goals and dreams
• You have a strong working knowledge right across the hospitality and business industries
• A passion for ensuring that New Zealand providers deliver service that is second to non
Why work for NZMA?
• State-of-the-art bar and café facilities
• Fun, social and supportive learning environment
• Free Barista made coffee
• Rewarding role – daily opportunities to make a real difference in the lives of others
• Free Wi-Fi
If you believe that you offer what we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
New Zealand Management Academies
Tutor - Hospitality
NZMA’s vision is to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our students and their communities. Our tutors contribute by ensuring that our students are provided with an optimal, total learning experience.
The role of Hospitality Tutor is a rewarding teaching position, combining the provision of quality tutoring, the development of course material to keep abreast of industry standards and being an inspiring tutor focused upon developing and building student capability.
Tuition & Marking:
• Provide effective, compelling and dynamic student centred tuition in the area of Hospitality to the standards required for the course
• Create and maintain an environment which supports and enhances learning and skill development
• Ensure students are ‘Work Ready’ - knowledge | technical skills | motivation, attitude, communication skills, time management, personal presentation and self-confidence – Incorporate strategies into your day to day teachings
• Be involved in the preparation of assessment and teaching materials as required
• Keep up to date with developments in your own specialised areas of tuition and related developments in industry. Maintain networks with the purpose of inviting them in as guest speakers.
• Mark all formative and summative work submitted by students, in accordance with NZMA policy, and return it to students within seven working days
• Organise guest speakers for classes at least once every five weeks
• Organise class activities at least once every five weeks
• Embed literacy and numeracy activities into programme delivery
• Ensure Lesson plans and five weekly plans are written as scheduled
• Act as a role model for students. Specifically behaviour, conduct, appearance, attitude and dress code are of a standard generally acceptable in a corporate office
• Act as an ambassador for NZMA at all times and perform the duties of the position in accordance with the organisations core values
• Provide pastoral care to students who are facing both internal and external challenges
• Apply the NZMA student rules and academy rules, equally to all students
Academic and Student Administration:
• Maintain full and complete student records in accordance with NZMA policy, ensuring they meet requirements of NZQA, funding providers, current privacy and freedom of information legislation
• Ensure that all preparation and tasks related to internal and external moderation process are completed in time and to the required specification
• Prepare and complete all Individual Learning Plans (ILPs), student progress reports and tutor dashboards on time and to the required levels
What success looks like:
• Engaged students, with successful learning outcomes
• Achieve unit completion as per requirements on e-tracker
• Achieve course completion rate in excess of 85%
• Achieve qualifications completion rate in excess of 85%
• Achieve an average class attendance rate of 90%
• Meets all programme requirements
• Achieves positive results on moderation events
• Achieve positive results on students evaluations
• Receive positive results on tutor observation feedback events
What you need to have:
• Extensive experience within Hospitality related roles, including a supervisory or managerial role for at least 12 months
• Minimum qualification of national certificate in hospitality level 4 or the ability to achieve this through recognition of prior learning | A relevant tertiary qualification.
• Group training experience in a multi-cultural environment. The ability to work with others who do not have English as a first language
• Preferably education qualifications at level 5 or above and the ability to achieve units 4098, 11551, 11552 and 7091, NCALNE and NCAET
• Demonstrated commitment to represent and be a strong advocate for students
• High level of interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Personal integrity, trustworthiness and credibility
• Interested and excited about cultural diversity and developing relationships within a community
• A genuine desire to make a difference
• A passion for youth in the Waikato, and the ability to relate, engage and inspire them
• Positive and persistent when faced with setbacks or unplanned events
• Self-starter with a high level of energy, drive and motivation, and the ability to focus these into achievement of identified accountabilities and targets; An innovative, creative thinker
• Expressing thoughts, feeling and ideas in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner in both individual and group situations; adjusting language to capture the attention of the audience
• Providing timely coaching, guidance, and feedback to help others excel on the job and meet key accountabilities; Passionate about individual, team and organisational learning
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise complex workloads and reach goals or targets on time