• Preparation and marking of assessment exercises and briefs demonstrates the professional approach of the school.
Supervise (invigilate) course assessments.
• Appropriate information given to students at the beginning of each assessment of this type.
• Supervision is conducted in a manner that meets the school’s standards.
• Supervision always meets NZQA guidelines.Key Task
Assist with the care and maintenance of classrooms/labs and teaching equipment and resources.Expected Results
• Students informed and if necessary reminded of the correct way in which classroom equipment and resources are to be used.
• Campus Manager/appropriate staff member advised when routine or specialist maintenance of equipment is required.Expected Results
Recording of accurate student data, assessment results, attendance, student-at-risk and any other documentation required by the Campus Manager.
• Students advised about the reasons for collecting data for records.
• Student information is gathered accurately and within the required time schedules.
• Student data is accurately recorded and shared within the school’s defined paper and electronic data systems.Key Task
Comply with the school’s Quality Management System and school rulesExpected Results
• All actions to meet the standards defined in these documents.
• All records and auditable compliance requirements carried out to the standard defined in the Quality Management System.
Criteria for classroom teaching:
Planning and preparation
The tutor shall generally make each lesson contribute effectively towards a planned programme of work with the school’s approved scheme of work.
The tutor shall be competent in the content of his/her subject area and keep informed of development in it.
Teaching techniques and management
The tutor shall:
• Impart subject content effectively.
• Make the approach suitable to the level and cultural needs of the students in the class.
• Provide and maintain a purposeful working atmosphere.
• Stimulate student interest and active participation.
Relationships with students
The tutor shall:
• Promote the personal and education welfare of his/her students.
• Be willing and able to establish good relationships with students, to respect their individual needs and cultural backgrounds, and to encourage learning.
Relationship with the school
The tutor shall:
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the staff of the school; and
• Contribute towards the effective functioning of the total school operation, including the school’s relationship with the family (whanau) and the wider community.
Additional and Special Responsibilities
The tutor may:
• counsel students for in-class misdemeanours or for breaching campus rules.
• recommend that a student receive counselling from a professional counsellor.
• not suspend or terminate a student.
• recommend the suspension or termination of a student for consideration by the Campus Manager.
• recommend changes to standard work procedures for consideration by the Campus Manager.
• recommend changes to Yoobee curriculum for consideration by the HOF.
To us, excellence is non-negotiable. We strive for excellence in everything we do and aim to inspire it in every one of our students
By collaborating and connecting with our partners, we can truly understand and deliver what they need
Students come first. We create nurturing and inspiring learning environments, so our students can achieve their goals and go on to fulfil their potential