Teacher - Statistics Apply Now
- Tertiary Teachers with a difference- Develop your career with a progressive organisation- Follow innovative and effective teaching practices- Make a tangible difference in students’ lives
Be part of a dynamic organisation who truly appreciates and empowers their team, while seeking to make a meaningful difference in the lives of their students.
As a teacher at UP Education, you will do more than just stand and deliver, you will have the opportunity to utilise your outstanding people skills, student focus and subject matter expertise to design and deliver quality education of the highest standard.
For more than 20 years, UP Education has been delivering bridging programs that are tailored to the needs of international students who require academic support to achieve their dream of a university education. In partnership with the University of Tasmania, UP Education will be delivering a Foundation program at UTAS’ Sandy Bay Campus in Hobart from the beginning of 2020. We have a passion for education and want to see our students succeed in every facet of their lives, as a result our focus on high quality teaching is coupled with an emphasis on holistic welfare and support.
About the rolesWe are building a team for these programs and are seeking a dynamic and flexible individual willing to teach one Statistics unit on a casual basis within the Foundation Program.
About you- Passionate about what you do with an emphasis on student-centred learning- Flexible, adaptable and keen to grown with the business- Naturally empathetic and patient, you love to see students grown personally and academically- Experience teaching students from diverse cultural backgrounds for whom English is a 2nd language- Able to manage time, classes and students effectively- Outstanding written and verbal communication, with a focus on quality and accuracy in documentation- You will hold a formal qualification in the delivery of Education. Ideally, you will have 2 years teaching experience.
What you will receive- You will enjoy working within a supportive culture where both personal and professional development are encouraged- An environment that prioritises learning and welfare for engaged and focused students- A competitive remuneration package and a friendly and positive team
UP Education is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is one that embraces diversity, multiculturism and inclusion, and seek to have a team that represents the community we are part of. We are committed to a merit-based recruitment and selection process and welcome applications from all interested candidates.
Take a look at our website https://www.up.education/ get a feel for who we are and what we do – if you think we might be the next step on your journey, apply now.
- UP Education Australia Pty Limited
- Part Time (0.1) from January 20th, 2020
- Your Role:
Role: Educator – Foundation (Casual)
Reporting to: Head of College – UTAS IPC
Direct Reports: Nil
Award: Educational Services (Post-2nd Education) Award 2010
Classification: Cat C: Teachers and tutor/instructors (Lvl 2 – 12)
Educators are responsible for educational delivery and student experience at Up Education including delivery, educational outcomes, and support and engagement of the student cohort.
A passion for education. We want to see our students succeed in every facet of their lives.
Excellence Excellence is non-negotiable. We strive for excellence in everything we do and aim to inspire it in each of our students.
Partnerships By collaborating and connecting with our partners, we can truly understand and deliver to their needs.
Innovation In our pursuit of excellence, we are constantly looking beyond the status quo.
Care Student care is our priority. Our nurturing, inspiring learning environments enable students to achieve their goals and fulfil their potential.
Outcome Area #1: Education Delivery
Confident and effective delivery of highly interactive workshop style tutorials, that meet the curriculum guidelines
Outcome Area #2: Preparation, Planning & Development
Prepare, plan and develop the delivery of the programs, ensuring a high standard is maintained for students
Living Our Brand:
You believe in, and contribute to, mission and values of the business and align with our company and industry standards
· Category C —a teacher with a three year degree or equivalent at university level in a field relevant to the teaching area.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and both written and verbal communication
· High computer literacy
· Complete 24 hours of teaching per week for 40 weeks. Measured over the annual period or pro-rata equivalent
· You demonstrate thorough knowledge of the curriculum
· You teach confidently using a variety of teaching models to meet student needs
· You ensure ‘at risk’ students are identified and provided appropriate academic assistance (consultation)
· You ensure all assessment is marked and recorded using Learning Management System (LMS) (assessment)
· You update class rolls in Student Management System (SMS) to reflect attendance (administration)
Preparation, Planning & Development
· You review and update curriculum as required with direction from the Academic Committee
· Planning and development of course units, training materials, training aids and supervision requirements
Living Our Brand
· You live by UP Educations’ values and positively contribute to building the organisation’s culture
· You role model the Academy values, highlighting consistent behaviour within the teams
· You participate in Continued Professional Development (CPD) activities