- ACG Tauranga– Teacher - ECE qualified teacher wanted for our preschool, full time permanent role
We are a growing independent, coeducational school from Preschool to Year 13. Located in Pyes Pa, Bay of Plenty, our teachers benefit from a highly resourced, contemporary teaching environment, focused students and competitive remuneration. The successful applicant must be flexible, committed and a good team player. They will also have the necessary skills to work successfully with children, parents, staff and the overall ACG philosophy.
For further information about ACG Tauranga, please visit www.acgedu.com.
- ACG Tauranga
- Full Time from January 13th, 2020
Title: Early Childhood Educator
Reporting to: Preschool Manager
Functional Relationships with: All staff; Children and Parents
- To assist with the care and education of the children ensuring that a happy, safe and stimulating educational environment is created and maintained.
- To exercise responsible judgement involving decisions related to children.
KEY TASKS and FUNCTIONS
This Schedule is subject to annual review.
- Assist the Preschool Manager and other Staff to organise and operate a programme of early childhood education and care to meet the individual needs of each child.
- Assist in the preparation and organisation of materials and activities, so that children are stimulated and interested to choose areas of play.
- Assist in maintaining records, including children’s accidents, medication, daily incidents and ongoing diary records of children.
- Liaise closely with the Preschool Manager and other Staff so that activities, child management and interpersonal relationships are co-ordinated and maintained.
- Carry out scheduled duties and adhere to staff rosters.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Provide support and liaison with parents, giving positive and encouraging feedback about their child’s day.
- Attend workshops and In-service courses as requested or considered necessary by the Preschool Manager for your own professional development.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of Early Childhood Regulations and the Centre Policies so that health, education and safety standards are maintained.
- Attend and assist at Preschool and Campus ‘Open Days’ as requested
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the Preschool Manager.