- Tertiary Teachers with a difference
- Develop your career with a progressive organisation
- Follow innovative and effective teaching practices
- Make a tangible difference in students’ lives
Be part of a dynamic organisation who truly appreciates and empowers their team, while seeking to make a meaningful difference in the lives of their students.
As a teacher at UP Education, you will do more than just stand and deliver, you will have the opportunity to utilise your outstanding people skills, student focus and subject matter expertise to design and deliver quality education of the highest standard. Curriculum design and development, innovative teaching techniques and ensuring a student-centred approach to learning are just a part of this broad and rewarding role.
For more than 20 years, UP Education has been delivering bridging programs that are tailored to the needs of international students who require academic support to achieve their dream of a university education. In partnership with the University of Tasmania, UP Education will be delivering Foundation, First Year Diploma and Premasters Programs at UTAS’ Sandy Bay campus in Hobart from the beginning of 2020. We have a passion for education and want to see our students succeed in every facet of their lives, as a result our focus on high quality teaching is coupled with an emphasis on holistic welfare and support.
About the roles
We are building a team for this programme and are seeking dynamic, flexible individuals to teach at Foundation Level in these broad subject areas
- Passionate about what you do with an emphasis on student-centred learning
- Flexible, adaptable and keen to grown with the business
- Naturally empathetic and patient, you love to see students grown personally and academically
- Experience teaching students from diverse cultural backgrounds for whom English is a 2nd language
- Able to manage time, classes and students effectively
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, with a focus on quality and accuracy in documentation
- You will hold a recognised Bachelors or Masters relevant to the course being taught.
- You will have 2 years teaching experience or a recognised teaching qualification.
- For Academic English, you will also need and English language teaching qualification and 2 years ESL/EFL teaching experienceWhat you will receive
- You will enjoy working within a supportive culture where both personal and professional development are encouraged
- An environment that prioritises learning and welfare for engaged and focused students
- A competitive remuneration package and a friendly and positive team
UP Education is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is one that embraces diversity, multiculturism and inclusion, and seek to have a team that represents the community we are part of. We are committed to a merit-based recruitment and selection process and welcome applications from all interested candidates.
Take a look at our website https://www.up.education/, Advert Reference #8423 and get a feel for who we are and what we do – if you think we might be the next step on your journey, apply now.
- UP Education Australia Pty Limited
- Full Time from January 20th, 2020
- YOUR ROLE
Role: Educator- Foundation
Reporting line: Head of College
Educational Services (Post-2nd Education) Award 2010
Cat C: Teachers and tutor/instructors (Lvl 2 – 12)
Educators are responsible for educational delivery and
student experience at Up Education including delivery, educational outcomes,
and support and engagement of the student cohort.
A passion for education. We want to see our students succeed
in every facet of their lives.
Excellence : Excellence is
non-negotiable. We strive for excellence in everything we do and aim to
it in each of our students.
Partnerships : By
collaborating and connecting with our partners,
we can truly understand and deliver to their needs.
Innovation : In our pursuit
of excellence, we are constantly
looking beyond the status quo.
Care: Student care is
our priority. Our nurturing, inspiring learning environments enable students to achieve their goals
and fulfill their potential
You engage empathetically with Students to create a holistic
learning environment where you manage student issues to optimize their success
Outcome Area 2 : Education Delivery
Confident and effective delivery of highly interactive
workshop style tutorials, that meet the curriculum guidelines
Outcome Area 3: Preparation, Planning and Development
Prepare, plan and develop the delivery of the programs,
ensuring a high standard is maintained for students
Living our Brand
You believe in, and contribute to, mission and values of the
business and align with our company
• Category C —a teacher with a three year degree or
equivalent at university level in a field relevant to the teaching area.
Excellent interpersonal skills and both written
and verbal communication
organisation, time management and administrative skills
to build strong rapport with all stakeholders
in an adult education setting
Leadership and Student
You engage empathetically with Students to
create a holistic learning environment
provide pastoral care and manage student issues to optimize their success
ensure students are comfortable in their study and living environments
assist with Student settling in periods by:
Supporting orientation days
support advisors to help with questions and advice
Activities and trips as part of some programs
Regular homestay checks for those who choose
Complete 24 hours of teaching per week for 42
weeks. Measured over the annual period or pro-rata equivalent.
demonstrate thorough knowledge of the curriculum
teach confidently using a variety of teaching models to meet student needs
ensure ‘at risk’ students are identified and provided appropriate academic
ensure all assessment is marked and recorded using Learning Management System
update class rolls in Student Management System (SMS) to reflect attendance (administration)
Preparation, Planning & Development
You review and update curriculum as required
with direction from the Academic Committee
and development of course units, training materials, training aids and
Living Our Brand
You live by Up Educations’ values and positively
contribute to building the organisation’s culture
role model the Academy values, highlighting consistent behaviour within the
participate in Continued Professional Development (CPD) activities