Tutor - Short Course Apply Now
- Yoobee Colleges are looking for talented professionals across a wide range of digital design and development disciplines to deliver short courses for our Christchurch campus.
If you have a passion for your field, and are eager to share that passion with others, this may be a great part-time casual opportunity for you. We offer courses during the week, weekends and evenings, so teaching with us can be an excellent complement to other work you do.
We are looking for experts with skills in the specific areas below:
The successful applicant will have:
- Video editing and Special effects with Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Practical Film knowledge and experience
- Industry experience and/or a Tertiary Qualification relevant to their skill area.
- Strong communication and delivering skills.
- A flexible schedule and is best suited to working with casual hours.
- Be able to converse with a range of age groups e.g. corporate and/or high school level.
- Able to self-manage and have excellent time management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A willingness to share their knowledge, experience and ideas with the class.
- A NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and a clean police record.
Prior experience in a tertiary education environment and/or teaching experience.
Apply online or make your preliminary enquiries to the following person:
Short Courses Coordinator
- Yoobee Colleges
- Part Time (0.1) from August 26th, 2019
- Reporting to:
- Campus Manager
- Head of Faculty
- Any other person as determined by the Campus
- All Campus Tutors
- Administration & Marketing Staff
- Careers and Employment Advisors
- Other Campus HOF’s
- Industry Advisory Groups (if required)
Key Tasks & Expected Results
- Teach a range of subjects that will enable students to
achieve the qualification they have enrolled in.
- Students receive quality tuition that caters for their individual learning needs.
- No complaints from students received regarding the standard of teaching.
- To prepare lesson plans and suitable teaching resources.
- Lessons conducted in accordance with a lesson plan utilising suitable teaching resources.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of course content
and teaching resources as directed by relevant campus HOF or Quality Coordinator.
- Course material is updated and reflects current industry practices and standards.
- A willingness is displayed to share knowledge and ideas with other members of the teaching staff.
- Deliver assessments and evaluate to prescribed national
and local qualification standards.
- Appropriate information given to students at the beginning of each assessment.
- Assessments are delivered and evaluated in accordance with the school’s standards based assessment procedures and/or those standards set by NZQA.
- Preparation and marking of assessment exercises and briefs demonstrates the professional approach of the school.
- Supervise (invigilate) course assessments.
- Appropriate information given to students at the beginning of each assessment of this type.
- Supervision is conducted in a manner that meets the school’s standards.
- Supervision always meets NZQA guidelines.
with the care and maintenance of classrooms/ labs and teaching equipment and resources.
- Students informed and if necessary reminded of the correct way in which classroom equipment and resources are to be used.
- Campus Manager/appropriate staff member advised when routine or specialist maintenance of equipment is required.
of accurate student data, assessment results, attendance, student-at-risk and any
other documentation required by the Campus
- Students advised about the reasons for collecting data for records.
- Student information is gathered accurately and within the required time schedules.
- Student data is accurately recorded and shared within the school’s defined paper and electronic data systems.
with the school’s Quality Management System and school rules.
- All actions to meet the standards defined in these documents.
- All records and auditable compliance requirements carried out to the standard defined in the Quality Management System.
Key Areas & Expected Outcomes
- Planning and preparation
- The tutor shall generally make each lesson contribute effectively towards a planned programme of work with the school’s approved scheme of work.
- Subject competence
- The tutor shall be competent in the content of his/ her subject area and keep informed of development in it.
- Teaching techniques and management
- The tutor shall:
- Impart subject content effectively.
- Make the approach suitable to the level and cultural needs of the students in the class.
- Provide and maintain a purposeful working atmosphere
- Stimulate student interest and active participation.
- Relationships with students
- The tutor shall:
- Promote the personal and education welfare of his/ her students
- Be willing and able to establish good relationships with students, to respect their individual needs and cultural backgrounds, and to encourage learning.
- Relationship with the school
- The tutor shall:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the staff of the school; and
- Contribute towards the effective functioning of the total school operation, including the school’s relationship with the family (whanau) and the wider community.
The tutor may:
- counsel students for in-class misdemeanours or for breaching campus rules.
- recommend that a student receive counselling from a professional counsellor.
- not suspend or terminate a student.
- recommend the suspension or termination of a student for consideration by the Campus Manager.
- recommend changes to standard work procedures for consideration by the Campus Manager.
- recommend changes to Yoobee curriculum for consideration by the HOF.
We encourage each other to think outside the box, collaborate, and be creative. Stakeholder-driven, we are innovators and leaders in our approach to vocational education
We believe in our students and in what we do, which inspires a commitment to achieve excellence
We have a shared commitment to achieve the highest standards through clear communication, regular self- assessment, and a focus on maximizing our value to the students and other stakeholders
We believe in, and value, individual and cultural diversity to encourage collaboration and teamwork
We deliver on our promises. We are honest, responsible, accountable, and transparent. We do the right thing by all of our stakeholders.