Teacher - ECE Apply Now
- An opportunity has arisen for casual qualified or non-qualified relieving staff at ACG Strathallan preschool. Our children enjoy a rich environment where teachers are passionate about interweaving literacy, numeracy, art and music into the curriculum. We love messy play and have lots of fun in our mud kitchen! As part of the ACG Strathallan campus, we are treated to the use of the college gymnasium, tennis courts, fields and facilities. If you have a natural affinity with children and love making mud pies and would like to gain more experience working with children aged from 3 months to 5 years of age this is the position for you!We have a team of fully qualified and registered teachers (plus some amazing in–training student teachers) who provide high-quality care and learning experiences for our children. The ACG Strathallan campus offers a beautiful, natural environment which complements our ethos of instilling a life–long love of learning in our students. Why commute to the city?The successful applicant will work successfully within the overall ACG Education philosophy framework.For further information about ACG Strathallan please visit https://strathallan.acgedu.com
- ACG Strathallan
- Full Time from August 5th, 2019
Title: Early Childhood Educator
Reporting to: Preschool Manager
Functional Relationships with: All staff; Children and Parents
- To assist with the care and education of the children ensuring that a happy, safe and stimulating educational environment is created and maintained.
- To exercise responsible judgement involving decisions related to children.
KEY TASKS and FUNCTIONS
- Assist the Preschool Manager and other Staff to organise and operate a programme of early childhood education and care to meet the individual needs of each child.
- Assist in the preparation and organisation of materials and activities, so that children are stimulated and interested to choose areas of play.
- Assist in maintaining records, including children’s accidents, medication, daily incidents and ongoing diary records of children.
- Liaise closely with the Preschool Manager and other Staff so that activities, child management and interpersonal relationships are co-ordinated and maintained.
- Carry out scheduled duties and adhere to staff rosters.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Provide support and liaison with parents, giving positive and encouraging feedback about their child’s day.
- Attend workshops and In-service courses as requested or considered necessary by the Preschool Manager for your own professional development.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of Early Childhood Regulations and the Centre Policies so that health, education and safety standards are maintained.
- Attend and assist at Preschool and Campus ‘Open Days’ as requested
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the Preschool Manager.