We are looking for a highly motivated person who has experience both as a professional commercial photography and teaching/practical training experience for a full time teaching position at a tertiary education institution.
The set of skills required for the position are all to be used on the job and a proficient level is required
• Professional commercial photography experience. (An essential requirement.)
• Advanced professional studio lighting techniques
• Knowledge of professional photographic cameras, lenses and gear
It is also desirable to have photographic skills in:
• Documentary and photojournalism
• Analogue Photography
• Digital photography workflow
• Use of Apple Mac computers and PCs
• Advanced Photoshop knowledge
• Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Bridge, Microsoft Office
• Photography teaching/training experience desirable
• Passionate about photography
• Creative and inspiring
• Confident, approachable, professional, personable
• Willing to learn the organisation’s teaching methods
• Organised and Proactive in the work flow
Candidates must submit a curriculum vitae as a pdf file and a digital portfolio of images that best captures their technical skills, creativity and individual approach to photography. Submitted images must be in jpg and clearly marked with the name of the photographer. All submission material will be treated with absolute discretion and respect for copyright.
Please note that it is a requisite to present us with a portfolio in order to be granted an interview.
JOB DESCRIPTION TUTOR
Reporting to: Campus Manager, Head of Faculty & Any other person as determined by the Campus
Functional relationships with: All Campus Tutors, Administration & Marketing Staff, Careers and Employment Advisors, Other Campus HOF’s, Industry Advisory Groups (if required)
To teach a range of subjects that will enable students to attain a recognised qualification.
To meet and maintain the Creative and IT Group’s criteria for teaching
Reaching these objectives will involve the following key tasks:
Teach a range of subjects that will enable students to achieve the qualifi cation they have enrolled in.
• Students receive quality tuition that caters for their individual learning needs.
• No complaints from students received regarding the standard of teaching.
To prepare lesson plans and suitable teaching resources.
Lessons conducted in accordance with a lesson plan utilising suitable teaching resources.
Participate in the continuous improvement of course content and teaching resources as directed by relevant campus HOF or Quality team.
• Course material is updated and reﬂ ects current industry practices and standards.
• A willingness is displayed to share knowledge and ideas with other members of the teaching staff .
Deliver assessments and evaluate to prescribed national and local qualifi cation standards.
• Appropriate information given to students at the beginning of each assessment.
• Assessments are delivered and evaluated in accordance with the school’s standards based assessment procedures and/or those standards set by NZQA.
• Preparation and marking of assessment exercises and briefs demonstrates the professional approach of the school.
Supervise (invigilate) course assessments.
• Appropriate information given to students at the beginning of each assessment of this type.
• Supervision is conducted in a manner that meets the school’s standards.
• Supervision always meets NZQA guidelines.
Assist with the care and maintenance of classrooms/labs and teaching equipment and resources.
• Students informed and if necessary reminded of the correct way in which classroom equipment and resources are to be used.
• Campus Manager/appropriate staff member advised when routine or specialist maintenance of equipment is required.
Recording of accurate student data, assessment results, attendance, student-at-risk and any other documentation required by the Campus Manager.
• Students advised about the reasons for collecting data for records.
• Student information is gathered accurately and within the required time schedules.
• Student data is accurately recorded and shared within the school’s defined paper and electronic data systems.
Comply with the school’s Quality Management System and school rules.
• All actions to meet the standards defined in these documents.
• All records and auditable compliance requirements carried out to the standard defined in the Quality Management System.
Criteria for classroom teaching:
Planning and preparation
The tutor shall generally make each lesson contribute effectively towards a planned programme of work with the school’s approved scheme of work.
The tutor shall be competent in the content of his/her subject area and keep informed of development in it.
Teaching techniques and management
The tutor shall:
• Impart subject content effectively.
• Make the approach suitable to the level and cultural needs of the students in the class.
• Provide and maintain a purposeful working atmosphere.
• Stimulate student interest and active participation.
Relationships with students
The tutor shall:
• Promote the personal and education welfare of his/her students.
• Be willing and able to establish good relationships with students, to respect their individual needs and cultural backgrounds, and to encourage learning.
Relationship with the school
The tutor shall:
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the staff of the school; and
• Contribute towards the effective functioning of the total school operation, including the school’s relationship with the family (whanau) and the wider community.
Additional and Special Responsibilities
The tutor may:
• counsel students for in-class misdemeanours or for breaching campus rules.
• recommend that a student receive counselling from a professional counsellor.
• not suspend or terminate a student.
• recommend the suspension or termination of a student for consideration by the Campus Manager.
• recommend changes to standard work procedures for consideration by the Campus Manager.
• recommend changes to Yoobee curriculum for consideration by the HOF.
CREATIVE AND IT COLLEGES VALUES:
To us, excellence is non-negotiable. We strive for excellence in everything we do and aim to inspire it in every one of our students
By collaborating and connecting with our partners, we can truly understand and deliver what they need
In our pursuit of excellence, we are constantly looking beyond the status quo
Students come first. We create nurturing and inspiring learning environments, so our students can achieve their goals and go on to fulfil their potential