Student Recruitment Advisor Apply Now
- About the companyNZMA, is part of the New Education Group, and is proudly one of New Zealand's leading private training establishments. We are the hospitality training destination for students in Auckland and Hamilton. We are proud of our reputation for quality, excellence and student success. This is a rare opportunity to join a team that prides itself in making a meaningful difference to the lives of students, their communities and the industries we serve.
About the roleThe Student Recruitment Adviser role is a sales position, with the primary purpose of meeting or exceeding new student enrolment targets, along with ensuring that students are provided with the support and assistance they need to succeed during their studies through the provision of exceptional pastoral care, allowing them the best possible chance of success in achieving their career goals and aspirations.
This role is a full-time role based at NZMA’s Slyvia Park campus, commencing as soon as possible.
Student Recruitment Advisers proactively develop and maintain strong partnerships with key external stakeholders who can channel new students to us. They are also involved in marketing/business development activities designed to increase external profile at local high schools, expos, feeder providers, community and events.
The Student Recruitment Adviser is the person who is passionate about hitting targets and at the same time provides consistent, dedicated service to students at the time of enrolment setting them on the best possible path to achieving their career goals and aspirations.
To be successful in this role, you will ensure:· Meet or exceed domestic student enrolment targets set for each intake· Contribute to the development and delivery of both individual and team sales strategies· Establish and maintain strong and mutually beneficial relationships with Key Stakeholders within our target communities in order to:· Support student advocacy and referrals· Increase the profile of NZMA as a primary choice for study· Assist with marketing and promotional activities as required, and be available outside of normal work hours to be involved in planned marketing events as required· Proactively develop effective internal working relationships across the team and the wider academy· Enrol domestic students in NZMA courses as specified by the Student Services Manual, ensuring all requirements are met and that students are provided with all relevant information in relation to their enrolment and studies· Other duties as required
Skills/Experience· Proven success within a sales/business development role· High degree of customer service delivery ability· Intermediate/advanced skills in all Microsoft Office programmes· Has the ability to successfully multitask and manage conflicting priorities well· Compelling and effective communicator, and uses these skills to quickly build rapport· Culturally aware and actively uses this to strengthen relationships· Demonstrates passion for learning and a commitment to represent and be a strong advocate for students· Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishes and maintains good working relationships· Knowledge of the NZ education system, or a clear ability to learn this quickly· Current New Zealand driver’s license
- New Zealand Management Academies
- Full Time from April 29th, 2019
Title: International Marketing
Executive, ACG Yoobee School of Design Wellington, Christchurch, & Auckland
Type: Full time permanent
Reports to: ACG Director of Marketing, International Functional Relationships with:
- Operations Managers;
- Other campus administrative and teaching staff;
- ACG International Registrar and International Centre team;
- ACG Marketing teams;
- International students, their parents, and international agents, as well as offshore institutions;
- Secondary schools, language schools, other tertiary institutions, and various government entities.
The role of International Marketing Executive with responsibility for successful recruitment for ACG Yoobee’s Wellington, Christchurch and Auckland campuses is a key position within the ACG International Marketing teams, representing the full portfolio of all ACG Yoobee School of Design programmes to our international markets. The position is responsible for delivering on agreed international student enrolment targets. These targets will be achieved through the development and nurturing of strong working partnerships between ACG Yoobee and its education agent partners – including agents based on and off shore, as well as partner feeder schools (high schools and English language schools).
The International Marketing Executive is also responsible for identifying, developing and implementing initiatives to capitalise on new business opportunities in a variety of markets as these become apparent.
- Achievement or over-achievement of all agreed student enrolment and other sales targets within allocated markets
- Manage and engage in all activities outlined within the Sales Process to capitalise on leads and new business opportunities to increase sales
- Participate in marketing activities to support the arrival of enrolled students and to optimize student retention past ‘day 10’
- Undertake quarterly environmental scans of all allocated markets to ensure that ACG Yoobee is kept up to date with market trends.
- Maximise professional networks to strengthen and grow ACG Yoobee’s business profile
- Prepare and execute a comprehensive customer needs analysis and strategy for agent relationship management
- Ensure agent information is kept and updated promptly with zero errors
- Follow prescribed process for sales ensuring all documentation is completed fully and accurately
- Undertake business development trips to allocated markets, as discussed and agreed
- Follow up all business development trips with an international sales report in a timely manner
- Ensure clear and accurate communication to agents regarding current and new products and services, sales promotions, upcoming market visits, etc.
- Maximise business development opportunities through the use of marketing material provided and support in the development of these
- Support the eMarketing team by providing content and images to enhance social media campaigns and other online promotional strategies
- Prepare an annual international marketing plan within budget
- Develop annual sales plans for key agents including an outline of strategy, and the expected enrolment targets
- Establish and maintain clear lines of communication and effective working relationships with all members of the ACG International Marketing teams
- The achievement of agreed student enrolment targets for ACG Yoobee, past ‘day 10’
- Retention of students so that they pathway to higher level programmes where applicable
- The achievement of key agent student enrolment and profitability/contribution targets
- Others to be discussed and agreed
- A proven track-record in the achievement of agreed sales targets and other business objectives, ideally in an international sales environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and achieve annual client sales plans, including student enrolment targets and client profitability/contribution targets
- Proven exceptional relationship, management skills and experience in a sales environment
- Proven ability to operate with credibility and effectively manage relationships at a senior level within large corporate and government departments and agencies
- Demonstrated skill in international and cross cultural communication and the ability to deal well with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
- Proven ability to collect accurate market information and then use this to create and implement relevant sales strategies
- Results focused and target driven, with a passion for and commitment to achieving sales performance targets
- A passion for culture and depth of understanding of differing values and attitudes
- Values driven and possessing personal integrity, trustworthiness and credibility
- Able to make effective decisions quickly
- Solutions or outcomes focused
- Positive and persistent when faced with setbacks or unplanned events
- Loyal team player, supportive of team members and committed to ACG team success
- An innovative, creative thinker
- High energy, enjoys travel, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done well
- Excellent verbal and written English skills