Educator Apply Now
- Are you a loving, passionate early childhood teacher, do you love awesome ratios and an amazing outdoor learning environments? Are looking for a centre that inspires teachers to succeed, furthers leadership attributes, has an inclusive and creative atmosphere. Do you want to work with a team of awesome, happy, warm, experienced educators? If this sounds like you? We would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a NZ Qualified and registered teacher (over 3) to join us at our Early Childhood centre in Howick. This is a full-time, permanent role commencing April 2019.We are an established propose built centre of 12 years located on a beautiful 1 ½ acres of land with a wonderful. We offer a competitive hourly rate as well as subsidized childcare, paid professional development hours and a lot of opportunities for professional growth and development of leadership potential. We are a warm, happy, energeticteam and are looking forward to welcoming someone amazing to our Penguins family.
- Penguins Early Learning
- Full Time from April 1st, 2019
Title: Early Childhood Educator
Reporting to: Preschool Manager
Functional Relationships with: All staff; Children and Parents
- To assist with the care and education of the children ensuring that a happy, safe and stimulating educational environment is created and maintained.
- To exercise responsible judgement involving decisions related to children.
KEY TASKS and FUNCTIONS
- Assist the Preschool Manager and other Staff to organise and operate a programme of early childhood education and care to meet the individual needs of each child.
- Assist in the preparation and organisation of materials and activities, so that children are stimulated and interested to choose areas of play.
- Assist in maintaining records, including children’s accidents, medication, daily incidents and ongoing diary records of children.
- Liaise closely with the Preschool Manager and other Staff so that activities, child management and interpersonal relationships are co-ordinated and maintained.
- Carry out scheduled duties and adhere to staff rosters.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Provide support and liaison with parents, giving positive and encouraging feedback about their child’s day.
- Attend workshops and In-service courses as requested or considered necessary by the Preschool Manager for your own professional development.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of Early Childhood Regulations and the Centre Policies so that health, education and safety standards are maintained.
- Attend and assist at Preschool and Campus ‘Open Days’ as requested
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the Preschool Manager.