Application Support Developer
Experienced in supporting a wide range of applications you will be adept at implementing corrective action and developing end-user focused fixes.
About the Company:
World-class education, real-world results.
At ACG Education we have created a community of learning that provides outstanding education for students around the world. From early childhood through to higher education, our goal is to help every one of our students unleash their potential and build an exceptional future.
About the role:
• Provides support for a wide range of applications, proving timely response to technical questions and problems.
• Take corrective action, develop fixes and patches or escalate the issues to the appropriate resource as necessary.
• Communicates proactively and effectively with Business Users, Vendors, and Management.
• Log and track basic problems/work tickets with external product vendors or support organisation.
• Participate in process improvement initiatives/projects as necessary.
• Collaborates with other organisation resources.
• Participates in the design, development, testing and/or documentation of new or existing applications, which includes upgrades, enhancements, bug fixes, as assigned.
• Utilise the Agile methodology to iteratively create effective problem statements and user stories to deliver exceptional solutions that meet business objectives.
• Communicate complex concepts regarding solution scope and deliverables.
• Properly document solutions, through the use of various tools, to clearly communicate requirements, roles, and responsibilities to business and technical users.
• Good understanding of various server-side technologies and languages.
• Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
• Implement unit tests.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure
• Experience with Dynamics 365
• Experience of RESTful APIs & JSON.
• Technical DBA skills
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Gitlab.
• You have a passion for technology and can demonstrate this in your personal interests as well as work experience.
• A team player (working with internal and client staff), but are self-driven and can work autonomously when required.
• You are confident in self-learning and are active in up skilling yourself in a new area when required.
• You have depth in technology but are able to communicate it effectively to those who are not tech savvy.
• Strong initiative, with the ability to make things happen, solve any problem, keep things moving, and get things done