About the role:
We are seeking a dynamic and engaging tutor who is enthusiastic about sport and fitness to deliver the New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 2) qualification. Based on Graham Lowe’s ’12 Dynamic Principles’, this course aims to boost literacy and numeracy skills within the context of sport and recreation. This exciting, hands-on programme will provide youth with the confidence and foundational skills they need to pathway onto further study or meaningful employment.
As a tutor you will provide support to the students within and outside of the classroom to help them succeed and transition into adult learning. The tutor will successfully embed Literacy, Language and Numeracy (LLN) principles into the learning context and build the student’s functional skills to support retention and successful outcomes.
The Tutor will be responsible for the following:
• Programme delivery
• Programme planning
• Assessment and moderation
• Supervision of workplace training and assessment
• Providing student support/guidance.
• Course administration.
Ideal applicants must have the following:
• Experience in the sport and fitness industry
• Strong classroom management skills
• An ability to excite and install passion through your teaching
• A Certificate in adult teaching or National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (NCALNE) is preferred, but training will be provided to the right candidate
• Experience teaching youth or adult learners in a tertiary/relevant education environment is preferred but not essential