- Located in West Auckland,
ACG Sunderland offers an exceptional education to children at Preschool,
Primary and Secondary levels. Our
teachers benefit from a highly-resourced, modern teaching environment and our
students are motivated and engaged.
An opportunity has arisen
for an outstanding Teacher to join our Preschool. We require a qualified and registered (Dip
ECE or NZQA-approved equivalent) preschool Teacher who is experienced in the
development and delivery of quality early childhood education. The successful applicant will have a natural
affinity with children and the ability to communicate effectively with
students, parents, colleagues and the wider community. This position could potentially be a pathway
into a more senior position within the preschool.
We have a team of fully
qualified and registered teachers who provide high-quality care and learning
experiences for our children. At ACG
Sunderland, we offer exceptional teaching and traditional values. We are committed to providing individualised
care to each of out students and this is what sets us apart. Why commute to the city?
For more information
about ACG Sunderland, please visit https://sunderland.acgedu.com/
- ACG Sunderland
- Full Time from October 30th, 2019 until April 28th, 2020
Title: Early Childhood Educator
Reporting to: Preschool Manager
Functional Relationships with: All staff; Children and Parents
- To assist with the care and education of the children ensuring that a happy, safe and stimulating educational environment is created and maintained.
- To exercise responsible judgement involving decisions related to children.
KEY TASKS and FUNCTIONS
This Schedule is subject to annual review.
- Assist the Preschool Manager and other Staff to organise and operate a programme of early childhood education and care to meet the individual needs of each child.
- Assist in the preparation and organisation of materials and activities, so that children are stimulated and interested to choose areas of play.
- Assist in maintaining records, including children’s accidents, medication, daily incidents and ongoing diary records of children.
- Liaise closely with the Preschool Manager and other Staff so that activities, child management and interpersonal relationships are co-ordinated and maintained.
- Carry out scheduled duties and adhere to staff rosters.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Provide support and liaison with parents, giving positive and encouraging feedback about their child’s day.
- Attend workshops and In-service courses as requested or considered necessary by the Preschool Manager for your own professional development.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of Early Childhood Regulations and the Centre Policies so that health, education and safety standards are maintained.
- Attend and assist at Preschool and Campus ‘Open Days’ as requested
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the Preschool Manager.