NZIS is looking to employ full OR part-time Christchurch based tutors for our most successful sport, recreation and exercise programs:
Level 5 and 6 Sport, Recreation and Exercise Tutors: the ideal candidate for this tutorial and mentoring role will have (or ability to get):
• Experience in a tertiary education setting and ability to teach NZQA levels 5 or 6, however, this is not essential as we will provide training.
• Industry experience in Sport, recreation and exercise field or similar.
• Be a team player and willing to support our strategic goals.
• Ability to engage students and set up support networks.
• Ability to work with Maori and Pacific students.
• Ability to coach a sport or run a sporting academy program
• Deliver content in a way the brings our sport, exercise and recreation curriculum alive for the student.
• Mentoring students and tracking/monitoring of our student success.
• Stay abreast of latest industry trends and recommendations
• Meeting NZIS targets for student achievement and recruitment
• Industry stakeholder engagement
We offer a competitive salary package and professional development to the right candidate.
These positions are up to 40hrs/wk, require a current NZ driver’s licence and pass a police criminal conviction check.
If interested in either of these positions, please provide a cover letter and CV to:
Nick Burrow – Regional Manager