Yoobee School of Design is a market leader in digital
design, film, animation, game art and development and web design and UX
education offering a range of programmes in digital technology with campuses in
Wellington, Christchurch and Auckland.
Yoobee is looking for a full time Game Art and
Development tutor to join our Wellington team and assist with delivering our Level
7 Game Art and Development diploma.
The Tutor will have
a key role in providing leadership in the design and creation of student’s
games, from conception to completion in a project-based industry-oriented
You will need to be
able to effectively deliver content with a critical sense of artistic,
technical, visual, and design aspects of game development. A knack for problem
solving through technical solutions is a must. Finally, the candidate must have
a deep passion for the Game Industry.
- Relevant Industry Experience
- Proficiency with industry-standard software (3D software packages and
- Experience in digital art asset creation
- Have an understanding of object oriented programming
- Clear communication skills
- Ability to work in and foster a collaborative working environment
- Must have the right to work in New Zealand
- Teaching experience, including the creation of lesson plans and
resources for students
- An understanding of design principles and processes
- Experience in production or management roles
- Have worked on at least one shipped title
- Yoobee School of Design
- Full Time from March 5th, 2018
- Reporting to:
Functional relationships with:
other person as determined by the Campus
Primary objectives: To teach a
range of subjects that will enable students to attain a recognised Yoobee School
of Design qualification. To meet and maintain Yoobee’s criteria for teaching.
& Marketing Staff
and Employment Advisors
Advisory Groups (if required)
Tasks & Expected Results
Criteria for classroom teaching:
- Teach a range of subjects that will enable students to
achieve the qualification they have enrolled in.
receive quality tuition that caters for their individual learning needs.
- No complaints from students received regarding the
standard of teaching.
- To prepare lesson plans and suitable teaching resources.
- Lessons conducted in accordance with a lesson plan
utilising suitable teaching resources.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of course content
and teaching resources as directed by relevant campus HOF or Quality Coordinator.
material is updated and reflects current industry practices and standards.
- A willingness is displayed to share knowledge and ideas
with other members of the teaching staff.
- Deliver assessments and evaluate to prescribed national
and local qualification standards.
information given to students at the beginning of each assessment.
are delivered and evaluated in accordance with the school’s standards based assessment
procedures and/or those standards set by NZQA.
- Preparation and marking of assessment exercises and briefs
demonstrates the professional approach of the school.
- Supervise (invigilate) course assessments.
information given to students at the beginning of each assessment of this type.
is conducted in a manner that meets the school’s standards.
- Supervision always meets NZQA guidelines.
with the care and maintenance of classrooms/ labs and teaching equipment and resources.
informed and if necessary reminded of the correct way in which classroom equipment
and resources are to be used.
Manager/appropriate staff member advised when routine or specialist maintenance
of equipment is required.
of accurate student data, assessment results, attendance, student-at-risk and any
other documentation required by the Campus
advised about the reasons for collecting data for records.
information is gathered accurately and within the required time schedules.
data is accurately recorded and shared within the school’s defined paper and electronic
with the school’s Quality Management System and school rules.
actions to meet the standards defined in these documents.
records and auditable compliance requirements carried out to the standard
defined in the Quality Management System.
& Expected Outcomes
- Planning and preparation
- The tutor shall generally make each lesson
contribute effectively towards a planned programme of work with the school’s
approved scheme of work.
- Subject competence
- The tutor shall be competent in the content
of his/ her subject area and keep informed of development in it.
- Teaching techniques and management
subject content effectively.
the approach suitable to the level and cultural needs of the students in the class.
and maintain a purposeful working atmosphere
student interest and active participation.
Relationships with students
- The tutor shall:
- Promote the personal and education welfare of his/ her students
- Be willing and able to establish good relationships with students, to respect their individual needs and cultural backgrounds, and to encourage learning.
- Relationship with the school
Additional and Special Responsibilities
- The tutor shall:
and maintain effective working relationships with the staff of the school; and
towards the effective functioning of the total school operation, including the school’s
relationship with the family (whanau) and the wider community.
The tutor may:
of Design Values:
students for in-class misdemeanours or for breaching campus rules.
that a student receive counselling from a professional counsellor.
suspend or terminate a student.
the suspension or termination of a student for consideration by the Campus Manager.
changes to standard work procedures for consideration by the Campus Manager.
changes to Yoobee curriculum for consideration by the HOF.
each other to think outside the box, collaborate, and be creative.
Stakeholder-driven, we are innovators and leaders in our approach to vocational
in our students and in what we do, which inspires a commitment to achieve excellence
We have a
shared commitment to achieve the highest standards through clear communication,
regular self- assessment, and a focus on maximizing our value to the students
and other stakeholders
in, and value, individual and cultural diversity to encourage collaboration and
on our promises. We are honest, responsible, accountable, and transparent. We do
the right thing by all of our stakeholders.