International Student Support Officer: Student Course Plan Management Apply Now
- About ACG EducationToday over 13,000 students and 1,000 staff come together in a growing number of preschools, schools and vocational colleges at 35 campuses across New Zealand, Indonesia and Vietnam. Wherever we are in the world, we're committed to delivering a holistic education and a nurturing learning environment for students of every age and level. Our goal is to help every one of our students unleash their potential so they can build bright futures.About the role:We have a team of four to support the international students at our NSIA Campus, 100 Symonds Street, Auckland. The International Student Support position which focuses on student course and billing management has become vacant. We have c700 students located at the campus. We are looking for someone who can easily relate to international students, who can proactively assist students and get things done. You will be very approachable and a great source of information and support for the students.About you:• Proactive with strong IT skills with expertise in using the ENROPRO student management system• An understanding of New Zealand Education• Desire to work with a strong and supportive international team• Effective analytical, problem solving and organisational skills• Excellent oral and written communication skills, liaison and interpersonal skills• ACG offers many opportunities to grow and is the perfect place for someone to start if they are looking for a career in international student admin
There is no closing date but we will appoint as soon as a qualified applicant is identified.
For further information about ACG and NSIA please visit www.acgedu.com
- ACG Education
- Full Time from February 3rd, 2018
- Title: International
StudentsSupport Officer: Student Course Plan Management
Reports to: Registrar
Location: Symonds Street, Auckland
Role Purpose: To work with campus academic staff, students, parents, agents to set standards and assist international students to achieve an excellent outcome
The role is responsible for:
- Administrative and general support related to international students
- Updating student course/programme plans and providing students with updated offers and fee requests
- Student financial billing related to on campus students
- Processing overpayment requests
- Processing refund requests
- Student inductions and orientation, including new intake workshop in regards of NSIA handbook and policies, student ID photo taken to create ID cards
- Management of On Line Visas as advised by INZ at NSIA
- Management of Insurance data for the extraction file to be sent to Southern Cross
- Administrative systems support excellent outcomes for students
- Process, record, manage students and maintain accurate records and provide reporting as required.
- Review the effectiveness of current activity and provide advice and recommendations to the Registrar.
- Manage student data, data entry and maintain a record of communications and transaction
- Assist agents and students with visa information.
- Assist international students in completing forms/paperwork etc. as required.
- Remind students of deadlines.
- Assist students completing forms/paperwork as required.
- Assist students with insurance and banking services as required.
- Effective Communication
- Establish and maintain clear lines of communication and effective working relationships with all members of the International Team.
- Prepare and disseminate a monthly student newsletter focusing on services, opportunities, pathways and who to see
- Effective liaison with key stakeholders
- Provide counselling and support as required, including the promotion and active use of ACG’s parent website as maybe required.
- Assist parents visiting New Zealand and provide general support to parents as required.
- Respond to enquiries as required.
- Ensure all queries are handled in a friendly and efficient manner, responded to within 24 hours and resolved within 48 hours. Any unresolved matters beyond 48 hours are to be flagged to the Registrar for appropriate action.
- Liaise with Immigration NZ as required
- Proactive focus given to area of responsibility.
- Maximise re-enrolments from current students by encourage and support students to staircase
- Assist the Marketing Team as required with enquiries from local, international students and agents.
- Support the Marketing Team to gather success stories and communicate via web and social media.
- Provision of high quality student care and support.
- Assist the Campus Manager to ensure the campus is compliant with the Code of Practice for International Students.
- Be a 24-hour point of contact for international students.
- Referring student issues and questions to the appropriate member of staff if required, or appropriate.
- Co-ordination of, and referral to, external agencies, counsellors, medical professionals etc. for students with general and mental health problems.
- Provide pastoral care as required and when required direct students to approved external professionals, external support groups relevant to our student demographic.
- Provide on-campus cultural activities to bring NZ students together with international students.
- Provision of high quality induction and orientation experience for students
- Manage the orientation week for international students.
- Undertake first week meetings with all new students.
- Provision of accurate financial advice on fees and refunds to current students and those who are leaving
- Discuss issues with students as they arise and
represent the ACG view including:
- Course changes
- Living expense claims
- Conduct exit interviews with all students who leave early.
- Project work as directed.
- Assist with promotional and sales activity as required.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements.
- Support other Auckland based campuses when assistance is required.
- Perform all other duties as may reasonably be required by the Registrar
- Qualification or experience in Business, billing or banking
- Experience working with students in an educational environment
- Counselling or guidance experience could be useful
- A current First Aid certificate
- Members of the International Team
- External agencies e.g. Immigration NZ
Date: October 2017