Teacher – ECE, part-time (0.8 FTE), permanent, commencing January 2018
ACG Strathallan Preschool are seeking a qualified and fully registered
Early Childhood Educator, Senior room children aged 3 ½ - 5 year old.
Situated in the grounds of Strathallan College in Karaka, 2 minutes from the
Papakura exit. Applicants should be motivated to provide a quality early
childhood programme in participation with a committed and professional team.
further information about us please visit www.acgedu.com.
- ACG Strathallan
- Part Time (0.8) from January 15th, 2018
Title: Early Childhood Educator
Reporting to: Preschool Manager
Functional Relationships with: All staff; Children and Parents
- To assist with the care and education of the children ensuring that a happy, safe and stimulating educational environment is created and maintained.
- To exercise responsible judgement involving decisions related to children.
KEY TASKS and FUNCTIONS
This Schedule is subject to annual review.
- Assist the Preschool Manager and other Staff to organise and operate a programme of early childhood education and care to meet the individual needs of each child.
- Assist in the preparation and organisation of materials and activities, so that children are stimulated and interested to choose areas of play.
- Assist in maintaining records, including children’s accidents, medication, daily incidents and ongoing diary records of children.
- Liaise closely with the Preschool Manager and other Staff so that activities, child management and interpersonal relationships are co-ordinated and maintained.
- Carry out scheduled duties and adhere to staff rosters.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Provide support and liaison with parents, giving positive and encouraging feedback about their child’s day.
- Attend workshops and In-service courses as requested or considered necessary by the Preschool Manager for your own professional development.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of Early Childhood Regulations and the Centre Policies so that health, education and safety standards are maintained.
- Attend and assist at Preschool and Campus ‘Open Days’ as requested
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the Preschool Manager.