- ACG School Jakarta is a member of ACG,
Academic Colleges Group, a leading provider of international education with
schools in New Zealand, Indonesia
Located in South Jakarta, our school provides an international education
to children from Kindergarten to Year 13.
Kindergarten and Primary use the IB PYP
curriculum framework and in Secondary we follow the Cambridge Assessment International Education curricula, leading to
IGCSEs. Our Year 12 and 13 students undertake the IB Diploma Programme.
We are a relatively small and family-oriented
international school, with around 35 nationalities represented in our
community. We currently have 2 classes at each year level throughout the school
up to our IGCSE and IB Diploma classes, where the students are in option
classes. Our parent body is supportive, the children engaged and well-behaved
and the staff are a wonderful mix of nationalities and perspectives who work in
a collaborative environment.
are seeking an experienced Primary Teacher. The year level is flexible,
although an ability to teach EYFS (Kindergarten - either 3 or 4 year olds) or Key
Stage 1 (Year 1 and 2) would be an advantage.
position will commence in late July 2018 for a 2 year fixed-term period, with
options for renewal at the end of the contract.
Applicants need to be qualified with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree (from a recognised
university) and, if relevant, the necessary post-graduate teaching
qualification. For applicants specifically looking at Kindergarten, a
qualification in Early Childhood Education (or similar) is necessary.
be able to work in Indonesia, teachers need to have a minimum of 5 years of
teaching experience following the conferment of their degree.
For international applicants, we offer a competitive remuneration
package including return airfares, medical insurance, a relocation allowance, a
housing allowance and schooling for dependent children.
further information about ACG School Jakarta please visit www.jakarta.acgedu.com
- ACG School Jakarta
- Full Time from July 23rd, 2018 until July 23rd, 2020
- Year Levels
- To teach effectively
- To complete administrative tasks efficiently
- To set standards and assist students as required
- To oversee the needs of students
KEY TASKS and FUNCTIONSProfessional Knowledge
- To complete the teaching and assessment programmes at appropriate levels as required in the schemes and by the policies of the School
- To remain current with educational developments within the subject and participate in related professional development programmes
- To take responsibility for being up-to-date with developments in technology and its use in the classroom
- To accept and/or participate in performance appraisals
- To take responsibility for the learning environment, including the quality of the physical environment and the conditions for orderly and effective teaching
- To encourage the use of appropriate technology by students in the subject
- To prepare resource and assessment material as required
- To mark or otherwise assess work thoroughly according to the assessment schedules or other School policies and to record marks and assessment results
- To set appropriate projects and additional work for students to do outside normal School classes
Motivation of Students
- To provide learning experiences which maximise academic progress
- To manage student behaviour effectively
- To support the School standards in relation to student behaviour
- To motivate each student to achieve their potential in the subject
- To encourage appropriate study and independent learning skills in students
- To provide additional academic and pastoral support as needed for students
- To report to and meet with parents as required
- To action promptly, thoroughly and accurately the completion of required returns, forms or procedures and to supply information as requested
- To maintain an attendance record as required
- To adhere to such accounting procedures as may be applicable and requested
- To provide schemes of work and assessment schedules as required
Contribution to the Wider School
- To provide oversight of students within the assigned tutor group
- To communicate with parents as required
- To complete administration tasks as required in relation to these responsibilities
In conjunction with the Job Description refer to the School's Performance Review system.
- To attend and assist at School ‘Open Days’ as requested