Located in Henderson, ACG Sunderland offers
a world-class, holistic education to students from Preschool to Year 13.
Passionate teachers, a nurturing environment and a student focussed approach
instils a lifelong love of learning in each student.
We are looking for an experienced part
time (27.5 hours per week/ Term time only) Grounds Person / Caretaker who has
had experience in a similar role and is able to hit the ground running in
various tasks from gardening to playground inspections to hanging doors and
rubbish collection as well as general maintenance activities.
To be successful in this role, you will
have the following skills/experience:
There is a lot of interaction with people
at all levels, students and staff so your high degree of verbal skills, with
the ability to build and maintain good relationships will put you in good stead
for this role.
- Well organised with strong ability
to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks
- Some heavy lifting and strenuous
work involved, so must be physically fit
- First Aid certificate preferred,
however not essential
- Clean, full NZ driver’s license is
- Rubbish collection
- Weed-eating/spraying/water blasting
- Paper recycling
- Handling power tool experience
- Workshop maintenance
- Carpark monitoring
- Vehicle cleaning
- Window cleaning
- Playground inspection
- Evacuation checks
- Lighting maintenance
- Basic plumbing work
For further information about ACG Sunderland,
please visit https://sunderland.acgedu.com
- ACG Sunderland
- Part Time (0.685), term time only from January 15th, 2018
- Empty rubbish bins outside on a daily basis –
green bins and permanent bins
- Pick up rubbish on perimeter and on grounds
- Check all playgrounds for litter after lunchtimes
- Call rubbish collection provider when
collection bins are full prior to their weekly collection
- Clean green bins out with water each term
- Organise a skip for the end of each term for
- Place Enviro bins on street for collection on
their fortnightly collection day
- Maintain all garden beds of Sunderland School
and College on a weekly basis – weeding, sweeping up of bark chips, removing
- Spray and weed eat weeds around school site.
- Maintain main entry points into school as clear
and clean of rubbish and/or weeds on a weekly basis
- Spray perimeter fence lines with weed killer to
maintain where necessary
- Ensure that the footpaths and building exterior
are kept clean.
- changing light bulbs
- moving furniture
- put out school signage where necessary
- check drain/storm water cess pits are clear of
- Occasional assistance with cleaning when
And to perform all other duties as may reasonably be
required by the School or College Principal.
- To carry out regular inspections of all buildings
to record maintenance, hygiene and safety issues, and ensure any such
maintenance is undertaken etc.
- To carry out all regular compliance inspections
as required by Building Warrant of Fitness and record findings in the
compliance book and ensure any remedial work has been carried out.
- Assist with Emergency and Fire Evacuation
Drills where delegated
- Liaise with the ACG Property Department where