- North Shore International Academy
- Full Time from December 4th, 2017
- Title: International
Students Support Officer (Student Course Plan Management and Extensions)
Reports to: Registrar
Location: Symonds Street, Auckland
To work with campus academic staff, students, parents,
agents to set standards and assist international students to achieve an
The role is responsible for:
and general support related to international students
student course/programme plans and providing students with updated offers and
financial billing related to on campus students
inductions and orientation, including new intake
workshop in regards of NSIA handbook and policies, student ID photo taken to
create ID cards
of On Line Visas as advised by INZ at NSIA
of Insurance data for the extraction file to be sent to Southern Cross
- Administrative systems support excellent outcomes for
- Process, record, manage students and maintain accurate
records and provide reporting as required.
- Review the effectiveness of current activity and
provide advice and recommendations to the Registrar.
- Manage student data, data entry and maintain a record
of communications and transaction
Student Insurance and Banking
- Assist agents and students with visa information.
- Assist international students in completing
forms/paperwork etc. as required.
- Remind students of deadlines.
- Assist students completing forms/paperwork as required.
- Assist students with insurance and banking services as
- Establish and maintain clear lines of communication and
effective working relationships with all members of the International Team.
- Prepare and disseminate a monthly student newsletter
focusing on services, opportunities, pathways and who to see
- Effective liaison with key stakeholders
Customer Service and Communications
- Provide counselling and support as required, including
the promotion and active use of ACG’s parent website as maybe required.
- Assist parents visiting New Zealand and provide general
support to parents as required.
- Respond to enquiries as required.
- Ensure all queries are handled in a friendly and
efficient manner, responded to within 24 hours and resolved within 48 hours.
Any unresolved matters beyond 48 hours are to be flagged to the Registrar for
- Liaise with Immigration NZ as required
- Proactive focus given to area of responsibility.
- Maximise re-enrolments from current students by
encourage and support students to staircase
- Assist the Marketing Team as required with enquiries
from local, international students and agents.
- Support the Marketing Team to gather success stories
and communicate via web and social media.
- Provision of high quality student care and support.
- Assist the Campus Manager to ensure the campus is
compliant with the Code of Practice for International Students.
- Be a 24-hour point of contact for international
- Referring student issues and questions to the
appropriate member of staff if required, or appropriate.
- Co-ordination of, and referral to, external agencies,
counsellors, medical professionals etc. for students with general and mental
- Provide pastoral care as required and when required
direct students to approved external professionals, external support groups
relevant to our student demographic.
- Provide on-campus cultural activities to bring NZ
students together with international students.
- Provision of high quality induction and orientation
experience for students
- Manage the orientation week for international students.
- Undertake first week meetings with all new students.
- Provision of accurate financial advice on fees and
refunds to current students and those who are leaving
- Discuss issues with students as they arise and
represent the ACG view including:
- Course changes
- Living expense claims
- Conduct exit interviews with all students who leave
To be successful you
- Project work as directed.
- Assist with promotional and sales activity as required.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements.
- Support other Auckland based campuses when assistance
- Perform all other duties as may reasonably be required
by the Registrar
- Qualification or experience in
Business, billing or banking
- Experience working with students in an
- Counselling or guidance experience
could be useful
- A current First Aid certificate
- Members of the International Team
Team Size: Nil
- External agencies e.g. Immigration NZ
Date: October 2017