- North Shore International Academy
- Full Time from December 4th, 2017
Student Support Officer (Attendance and Discipline Management)
Location: NSIA Campus, 100 Symonds
Street or such other location as may be
Reporting to: Registrar
additional direction from the Campus Manager
time, 40 hours per week (08.00am – 4.30pm)
To oversee attendance procedures,
ensuring that official registers are accurately maintained and attendance
- To work with individual
staff and students, using regular attendance checks
and contact with parents/caregivers/agents (as
required) to maintain appropriate levels of attendance.
- To ensure all attendance records are accurate,
policies and procedures are enforced consistently.
- All internship students submit attendance sheets and
journals weekly and on time.
- To be
the first point of contact for all international student attendance issues in
monitor particular attendance issues and refer cases to Campus Managers when
- Process leave application and update
attendance records accordingly
follow up on missing reasons for absence
- Ensure daily attendance checks have been undertaken
by tutors and accurately recorded.
- To ensure all registers are completed and no missing marks or unexplained absences remain.
from voicemail and emails on the day are used to update absence notes and any
medical certificates are sighted.
- On a
daily basis, generate list of students who have had unexplained absence for
three or more consecutive days and contact relevant Heads of Faculty and Campus
Managers with the information.
- Liaise with appropriate staff regarding reasons for
student absences that raise some concern (e.g., absence due to family
ensure student journals & internship timesheets are always updated and
current. If these are not completed, employers should be contacted to discuss
attendance concerns when instructed by Campus Managers to do so.
- To check accuracy and correct coding on registers before printing off official registers and filing.
- To undertake home and workplace
visits when instructed by the Campus Managers.
ensure that the warning letter process is being applied as per the attendance
input of all absence approvals
- Monitoring and issuing warning letters
and conduct welfare meetings
with students who display attendance concerns in the initial stages of their
a record of contacts made
with Tutors, Student Support Coordinators, Campus Managers and ACG Registrar as
appropriate to ensure strong lines of communication and consistent application
of policies and procedures.
- To monitor the attendance of vulnerable groups of students
and report any concerns in a timely manner
- To ensure
attendance levels meet NSIA and INZ expectations and communicate with agents
and/or parents where concerns arise
weekly reports re all student’s attendance
any special attendance related reports as requested
attendance reports required for INZ and as requested by students
weekly departmental attendance meetings
- To produce and interpret information relating to attendance patterns.
- To be
responsible for the administration of absence approvals
- To assist with Visa and Insurance face to face student
assistance as may be required
- Provide support during the
- To work in conjunction with ACG values
manage and prioritise your own workload in line with service requirements
comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for
health and safety in the workplace.
able to work a part of a team, as well as on your own initiative.
- To attend
and participate in meetings as required
other duties as required.
What you must have:
- Provide printouts of attendance data as required to the Team Leaders
lists of staff compliance with attendance recording requirements as required
- Attention to detail
- Understand and comply with the privacy act
- High level of commitment to achieve school target
- Exceptional communication standards
- High Entry data accuracy, able to produce reports
- Ability to listen effectively
- Able to maintain accurate and up to date information
- Able to meet deadlines and be accountable for outcomes
- Clear criminal history and able to complete a vetting