Primary Position. Permanent, Full time, commencing Term 1, 2018.
applicant will have an interest in Music or IT or Science and join a highly
motivated and successful team delivering an outstanding educational product.
We are a
growing independent, coeducational school from Preschool to Year 13. Located in
Waitakere, our teachers benefit from a highly resourced and modern teaching
environment, focused students and competitive remuneration.
successful applicant must be flexible, committed and a good team player. They
will also have the necessary skills to work successfully with children,
parents, staff and the overall ACG philosophy.
For further information about ACG Sunderland,
please visit www.acgedu.com.
- ACG Sunderland
- Full Time from January 24th, 2018
- Year Levels
- To teach effectively
- To complete administrative tasks efficiently
- To set standards and assist students as required
- To oversee the needs of students
KEY TASKS and FUNCTIONSProfessional Knowledge
- To complete the teaching and assessment programmes at appropriate levels as required in the schemes and by the policies of the College
- To remain current with educational developments within the subject and participate in related professional development programmes
- To take responsibility for being up-to-date with developments in technology and its use in the classroom
- To accept and/or participate in performance appraisals
- To take responsibility for the learning environment, including the quality of the physical environment and the conditions for orderly and effective teaching
- To encourage the use of appropriate technology by students in the subject
- To prepare resource and assessment material as required
- To mark or otherwise assess work thoroughly according to the assessment schedules or other College policies and to record marks and assessment results
- To set appropriate projects and additional work for students to do outside normal College classes
Motivation of Students
- To provide learning experiences which maximise academic progress
- To manage student behaviour effectively
- To support the College standards in relation to student behaviour
- To motivate each student to achieve their potential in the subject
- To encourage appropriate study and independent learning skills in students
- To provide additional academic and pastoral support as needed for students
- To report to and meet with parents as required
- To action promptly, thoroughly and accurately the completion of required returns, forms or procedures and to supply information as requested
- To maintain an attendance record as required
- To adhere to such accounting procedures as may be applicable and requested
- To provide schemes of work and assessment schedules as required
Contribution to the Wider School
- To provide oversight of students within the assigned tutor group
- To communicate with parents as required
- To complete administration tasks as required in relation to these responsibilities
In conjunction with the Job Description refer to the College’s Performance Review system.
- To attend and assist at College ‘Open Days’ as requested