Yoobee School of Design is a market leader in digital
design, film, animation, game art and development and web design and UX
education offering a range of programmes in digital technology with campuses in
Wellington, Christchurch and Auckland.
Yoobee is looking for a fixed term, part time (0.4) Game
Art and Development tutor to join our Wellington team and assist with delivering
our Level 7 Game Art and Development diploma.
The Tutor will have
a key role in providing leadership in the design and creation of student’s
games, from conception to completion in a project-based industry-oriented
You will need to be
able to effectively deliver content with a critical sense of artistic,
technical, visual, and design aspects of game development. A knack for problem
solving through technical solutions is a must. Finally, the candidate must have
a deep passion for the Game Industry.
- Relevant Industry Experience
- Proficiency with industry-standard software (3D software packages and
- 2D and 3D digital asset creation
- In-depth knowledge of the game industry
- Ability to work in and foster a collaborative working environment
- Must have the right to work in New Zealand
The Position description is available on our site.
- Teaching experience, including the creation of lesson plans and
resources for students
- UI and UX knowledge
- Animation Skills (2D and/or 3D)
- Knowledge of game production pipelines
- Knowledge of cross-discipline digital art creation techniques
For further information about ACG Yoobee School of Design
please visit http://www.yoobee.ac.nz/
- ACG Yoobee School of Design Limited
- Part Time (0.4) from April 10th, 2017 until December 22nd, 2017
- Responsible to: Campus Academic Manager, Head of Department, Any other person determined by the Campus Academic Manager
Functional Relationship With:
• All ACG YOOBEE School of Design tutors
• Administration & Marketing Staff
• Other campus Heads of Departments
• National Program Managers
• Curriculum Advisory Groups if required
To teach a range of subjects that will enable students to attain a recognized ACG YOOBEE School of Design qualification.
To meet and maintain ACG YOOBEE School of Design’s criteria for teaching.
Training and Experience:
Tertiary level qualification at least one level above or experience in the design industry. Relevant industry experience.
Prior experience in a tertiary education environment
Time management, effective problem solver, leadership abilities, good verbal and written communication skills.
Creative, analytical, diplomatic, results-oriented.
• Teach a range of subjects that will enable students to achieve the qualification they have enrolled in.
• To prepare lesson plans and suitable teaching resources.
• Participate in continuous improvement of program content and teaching resources as directed by the relevant Head of Department or National Program manager.
• Deliver assessments and evaluate to prescribed national and local qualification standards.
• Supervise (invigilate) program assessments.
• Assist with the care and maintenance of classrooms/labs and teaching equipment and resources.
• Recording of accurate students data, assessment results, attendance, student at risk and any other documentation required by the Campus Academic manager
• Comply with ACG YOOBEE School of Design’s Quality Management System.
Key Result Area
1. Teach a range of subjects that will enable students to achieve the qualification they have enrolled in.• Students receive quality tuition that caters for their individual learning needs.
• No substantive complaints from students received regarding the standard of teaching.
2. To prepare lesson plans and suitable teaching resources.
• Lessons conducted in accordance with a lesson plan utilising suitable teaching resources.
3. Participate in the continuous improvement of course content and teaching resources as directed by relevant Head of Department or National Program Manager.
• Course material is updated and reflects current industry practices and standards.
• A willingness is displayed to share knowledge and ideas with other members of the teaching staff.
4. Deliver assessments and evaluate to prescribed national and local qualification standards.
• Appropriate information given to students at the beginning of each assessment.
• Assessments are delivered and evaluated in accordance with Yoobee School of Design’s standards based assessment procedures and/or those standards set by NZQA.
• Preparation and marking of assessment exercises and briefs demonstrates the professional approach of Yoobee School of Design.
5. Supervise (invigilate) course assessments
• Appropriate information given to students at the beginning of each assessment of this type.
• Supervision is conducted in a manner that meets Yoobee School of Design’s standards.
• Supervision always meets NZQA guidelines.
6. Assist with the care and maintenance of classrooms/labs and teaching equipment and resources.
• Students informed and if necessary reminded of the correct way in which classroom equipment and resources are to be used.
• Campus Academic Manager/appropriate staff member advised when routine or specialist maintenance of equipment is required.
7. Recording of accurate student data, assessment results, attendance, student-at-risk and any other documentation required by the Campus Academic Manager.
• Students advised about the reasons for collecting data for records.
• Student information is gathered accurately and within the required time schedules.
• Student data is accurately recorded and shared within Yoobee School of Design’s defined paper and electronic data systems.
8. Comply with Yoobee School of Design’s Quality Management System.
• All actions to meet the standards defined in these documents.
• All records and auditable compliance requirements carried out to the standard defined in the Quality Management System.
College criteria for classroom teaching
1. Teach a range of subjects that will enable students to achieve the qualification they have enrolled in.
• The tutor shall generally make each lesson contribute effectively towards a planned programme of work with Yoobee School of Design’s approved scheme of work.
2. Subject competence.
• The tutor shall be competent in the content of his/her subject area and keep informed of development in it 3. Teaching techniques and management.
The tutor shall: