- ACG Yoobee are looking for talented professionals across a wide range of digital design and development disciplines to deliver short courses from our campuses and online.
If you have a passion for your field, and are eager to share that passion with others, this may be a great part-time casual opportunity for you. We offer courses during the week, weekends and evenings, so teaching with us can be an excellent complement to other work you do. We are looking for experts with skills in one or several of the following areas:
Or… surprise us! If you have a talent you think there's an industry demand for, get in contact - we might be interested in working with you to deliver an expert-level Masterclass.
- Design and illustration with InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Video editing and effects with Premiere Pro and/or After Effects
- Game design and development with Unity and C#
- 3D modelling and animation using Maya and/or ZBrush and/or Blender
- Python for visual communication
Apply online at hr.acgedu.com position reference #3144, or make your preliminary enquiries to the following people:
Christchurch and Dunedin
- ACG Yoobee School of Design Limited
- Part Time (0.1) from October 14th, 2016
- Responsible to: Campus Academic Manager, Head of Department, Any other person determined by the Campus Academic Manager
Functional Relationship With:
• All ACG YOOBEE School of Design tutors
• Administration & Marketing Staff
• Other campus Heads of Departments
• National Program Managers
• Curriculum Advisory Groups if required
To teach a range of subjects that will enable students to attain a recognized ACG YOOBEE School of Design qualification.
To meet and maintain ACG YOOBEE School of Design’s criteria for teaching.Training and Experience:
Tertiary level qualification at least one level above or experience in the design industry. Relevant industry experience.
Prior experience in a tertiary education environmentSkills:
Time management, effective problem solver, leadership abilities, good verbal and written communication skills.Attributes:
Creative, analytical, diplomatic, results-oriented.Key Responsibilities
• Teach a range of subjects that will enable students to achieve the qualification they have enrolled in.
• To prepare lesson plans and suitable teaching resources.
• Participate in continuous improvement of program content and teaching resources as directed by the relevant Head of Department or National Program manager.
• Deliver assessments and evaluate to prescribed national and local qualification standards.
• Supervise (invigilate) program assessments.
• Assist with the care and maintenance of classrooms/labs and teaching equipment and resources.
• Recording of accurate students data, assessment results, attendance, student at risk and any other documentation required by the Campus Academic manager
• Comply with ACG YOOBEE School of Design’s Quality Management System. Key Result Area
1. Teach a range of subjects that will enable students to achieve the qualification they have enrolled in.• Students receive quality tuition that caters for their individual learning needs.
• No substantive complaints from students received regarding the standard of teaching.2. To prepare lesson plans and suitable teaching resources.
• Lessons conducted in accordance with a lesson plan utilising suitable teaching resources.3. Participate in the continuous improvement of course content and teaching resources as directed by relevant Head of Department or National Program Manager.
• Course material is updated and reflects current industry practices and standards.
• A willingness is displayed to share knowledge and ideas with other members of the teaching staff.4. Deliver assessments and evaluate to prescribed national and local qualification standards.
• Appropriate information given to students at the beginning of each assessment.
• Assessments are delivered and evaluated in accordance with Yoobee School of Design’s standards based assessment procedures and/or those standards set by NZQA.
• Preparation and marking of assessment exercises and briefs demonstrates the professional approach of Yoobee School of Design. 5. Supervise (invigilate) course assessments
• Appropriate information given to students at the beginning of each assessment of this type.
• Supervision is conducted in a manner that meets Yoobee School of Design’s standards.
• Supervision always meets NZQA guidelines.6. Assist with the care and maintenance of classrooms/labs and teaching equipment and resources.
• Students informed and if necessary reminded of the correct way in which classroom equipment and resources are to be used.
• Campus Academic Manager/appropriate staff member advised when routine or specialist maintenance of equipment is required.7. Recording of accurate student data, assessment results, attendance, student-at-risk and any other documentation required by the Campus Academic Manager.
• Students advised about the reasons for collecting data for records.
• Student information is gathered accurately and within the required time schedules.
• Student data is accurately recorded and shared within Yoobee School of Design’s defined paper and electronic data systems.8. Comply with Yoobee School of Design’s Quality Management System.
• All actions to meet the standards defined in these documents.
• All records and auditable compliance requirements carried out to the standard defined in the Quality Management System.
College criteria for classroom teaching
1. Teach a range of subjects that will enable students to achieve the qualification they have enrolled in.
• The tutor shall generally make each lesson contribute effectively towards a planned programme of work with Yoobee School of Design’s approved scheme of work.2. Subject competence.
• The tutor shall be competent in the content of his/her subject area and keep informed of development in it 3. Teaching techniques and management.
The tutor shall: